Monday, June 14, 2010

Got Visitors Yesterday

I shifted to my daughter’s house two years and very seldom have visitors. I do not have many friends nowadays as most of them are out of my life. When I retired way back in 1998, I lost my social life too. When I was staying in the condominium, my only friends are my neighbors then. But since I shifted to my present residence, I hardly know my neighbors. And they do not know me. What a life!

My former neighbors (Vas & Cindy) visited me last evening and I am so touched. We had a nice chat over supper. It was past midnight when they left for home. When we were neighbors, we used to have late night tea time. These are the good people that one can seldom find.

I emailed to Vas the other day as we have not met for some time.

“Hi Vas

I practically finished writing my blog and there is nothing much left to be done. I have done a lot of reading on Buddhism and follow the political news of the country. I do not think there is any good in selling over the internet but I still advertise as the advertisements are free. I will sell at places where there are no charges for rental. There is one function on July 4 with rental free arranged by my daughter.

I have live for half a century and I know what's life is. Some people tell me it is the state of mind. But since the state of mind is trapped in the bodily form, it is not easy to explain. Any form in existence is subject to conditions. Life is not static but dynamic and as such there are changes down the road. These changes also cause sufferings. The reality is how to overcome and survive the sufferings which is inevitable. I am doing my best to survive.

In actuality it is just waiting for the day to leave behind everything and go over to the next life. My mind is no longer clouded with any burden in this life time.

I am not thinking of taking my life because it is forbidden in Buddhism. I am trying by means of meditation that one can take leave at will..

I appreciate yours and Cindy’s friendship and concern over my well being. But one can only help sometime and not all the time.

Every story has an end but in life every ending is a new beginning. So how long I have to wait to begin again!

No comments:

Post a Comment