Sunday, May 30, 2010

My 30s

I was thirty five, and Florence was twenty two when we got married. It was a simple dinner for the whole family. We were already in love for the past four years. She gave private tuition at home after her school days. She stopped giving tuition after we were married. She followed me whenever there were outstation projects. Alex was born in 1982.

The reason why I shifted my first family to Penang was because of my affair with her. In 1981 I gave up my ailing business in Penang and shifted down to Kuala Lumpur. I worked as a project site manager for the Sabahan company and traveled daily to Malacca.

Esther’s boyfriend (Eugene) and his friend took care of the contracts awarded to me by the company. Esther did not talked to us for some time when I sacked Eugene from my contract works. Years later they broke off. By that time, I was no longer in the electrical contracting business because of the economic downturn. While I was operating the gambling den, she had another boyfriend (Ken) who was supportive. He brought his friends to my place. Florence and I worked very hard to keep the gambling den going for about six months before I joined the syndicate. By that time Esther broke up with Ken. Later Esther worked for Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment