Sunday, May 30, 2010

My 50s

In the 1990s’ I had my three families staying in Kuala Lumpur. Conditions changed and my families began to break up.

In 1992 I started a business managed by my three grown up daughters. A year later I closed the business after suffering substantial losses. My daughters went separate ways. Lillian worked as sales supervisor in a retail store. Irene went oversea, and Jane worked as a receptionist in a spa outlet.

That year I stopped working for Vincent because a conflict of interest. I was out of job for the next two years and Ann helped out by going back to work as part time GRO.

In 1995 I managed a shopping complex south of Kuala Lumpur. It was a failing complex that I was to revive. A year later I resigned as the situation was so bad that I could do nothing. Soon we moved to Malacca when I started up a new shopping mall. In 1997 I left because I was caught in between the differences of the complex’s owners who were Singaporean and Taiwanese. We moved back to Kuala Lumpur. That was my last job.

A later year Jane recommended Ann to work as a therapist in the spa outlet. That was the beginning of my break up with Ann in years later.

When I stopped working for Vincent, I had to stay away from Florence so that Esther would help her. I was not careful with my life and became a victim of circumstances. Today I realize I made a bad decision then. No doubt Florence stayed on her job in Vincent’s company and later sent Alex to Australia for further studies but I cannot forgive myself for losing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment