Sunday, May 30, 2010

Not Forgetting

In life there are happenings that one always remembers.

I watched the slow death of the grandmother and helped to carry her coffin. I delivered Irene when she was born. I had seen death and birth.

When I was young and staying with the grandmother, one day I dreamt of Kuan Yin the goddess of mercy (Avalokitasvara). When I was thirteen, I was nearly drowned in the mining pool. As I was sinking downward, I thought of Kuan Yin and then strangely I came to the surface.

Esther and I could have been killed in the car accident at Tanjong Malim. Before leaving for Penang, we dropped by a Taoist temple in Rawang and paid respect to the deity. I used to frequent this temple and knew the keeper. Someone once told me that I was always protected by deities. Seven cars were involved in that accident. We came out without a scratch. Some suffered minor injuries. However my car was badly damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment